Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Raw Vegan "Potato" Salad

Lately, I've received several requests for the recipe for my raw "potato" salad.  The recipe is not mine, as you will be able to see in the video.  Click here to see it.  The only thing I changed about the original recipe is that I add more avocado and I use Celtic sea salt instead of tamari or Nama Shoyu.  It's all up to the individual what they like on their dish.  So here it is:

Raw Potato Salad


For the Salad

1 jicama

1 yellow bell pepper

4-5 stalks of celery

1 avocado (I use 2-3)

1-2 tbsp. of fresh rosemary minced

1 red onion thinly sliced

Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.

For the dressing

¼ cup tahini

¼ c water

½ tsp. cumin

3 tbsp. lemon juice

4 tsp. parsley

1 tsp. tamari or Nama Shoyu

1 tsp. agave nectar

pinch of salt

pinch of chili powder

Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.

Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss until the salad is covered with the dressing.

Optional: add organic sweet relish if you don’t mind the salad not being 100% raw.

No comments: