Search This Blog

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Food Can and Does Heal - Part 3

I forgot to mention one great benefit about following the Cure for Arthritis nutrition plan (see the last two previous posts for the plan), WEIGHT LOSS!!! My mom lost more than 50 lbs. and I lost about 10 lbs. We both kept all the weight off for about five years. My mom gained about 10 lbs. back after the fifth year and I gained all 10 lbs. back after my two pregnancies. It is refreshing to be reminded of the great success we had back then because I am beginning to show signs of arthritis on the joints of my index fingers and I'll be following my mom's footsteps. I just learned that the signs of arthritis tend to show up when people are in their mid 30's. So I have made a commitment to stop eating meat. I am having a hard time cutting out the caffeine because I love tea, but that will be step two.

Here's a link to a list of foods and their healing benefits. If you are dealing with illness, and want to start using food to heal, I encourage you to get the help of a trusted naturopath physician.
http://www.tqnyc.org/2006/NYC063364/beneficial.htm
Here's to our health!!!
On a different note, my attempt to get to bed by 10pm every night was a great success....for about a week. LOL, then our family moved and I was back to hitting the sack at midnight. Over the years I've learned to accept falling off the waggon as part of life and I don't beat myself up; now getting back on the waggon is not such a dread. I am back on track with sleeping 10-6.

No comments: